Thursday 24 May 2012

Protherm 40-50 CI Heat Exchanger

A friend of a friend has a Protherm 40-50 CI boiler which has started dripping from the heat exchanger. I was unsure whether the heat exchangers would still be available for these boilers although they are essentially a rebadged Glowworm Ultimate.

A quick Google and I find them available from Total Boiler Spares for £235.70+VAT although it says they are out of stock, it does deliver a lot of parts direct from the manufacturer. The website also gives me the part number S801382, although searching under this part number also leads to a Saunier Duval part. I telephoned Total Boiler Spares and they said the part was available in 4-6 working days direct from the manufacturer.

I also asked at my local Parts Center and was given a retail price of £550+VAT, although as an account holder I would pay a lot less than this but they did not have one in stock or available from their main warehouse.


Disclaimer:
The works described in this blog are a record of work undertaken and should not be taken as guaranteed to solve your problem.

Work should only be carried out by persons qualified and competent to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment