Wednesday 30 May 2012

Ideal Classic Sealed System Not Working

I got called to look at an Ideal Classic Sealed System boiler which was not working for the central heating. The hot water was heated by an immersion element only, and the boiler is only used for the central heating.

I ensured the programer was on and the room thermostat turned up to call for heat. I also ensured the boiler was switched on. I could hear that the pump was running but there was no noise from the boiler. I removed the case and could smell that the fan had been overheating. I checked to make sure there was 240 volts at the fan which there was.

I replaced the fan and the boiler was working fine again.


Disclaimer:
The works described in this blog are a record of work undertaken and should not be taken as guaranteed to solve your problem.

Work should only be carried out by persons qualified and competent to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment