Wednesday 30 May 2012

Gledhill Boilermate 2 Buzzing Loudly

Had to look at another common issue today with a Gledhill Boilermate 2. The customer was complaining of a loud buzzing noise coming from the airing cupboard which had woken her up and she was unable to stop.

I removed the front panel on the cylinder which houses the thermostat, electrics and PCBs. I could hear the buzzing was coming from the pump delay timer PCB. I turned off the power and replaced this little circuit board. However, when I turned the power back on the pump drive PCB began to buzz intermittently. It was not as loud as the original buzzing but annoying nonetheless. I replaced the pump drive PCB also and all is working well.


Disclaimer:
The works described in this blog are a record of work undertaken and should not be taken as guaranteed to solve your problem.

Work should only be carried out by persons qualified and competent to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment