Sunday 3 June 2012

Protherm 40-50 Ci No Heating Or Hot Water

I was called to look at a system with a Protherm 40-50 Ci as the customers were getting no heating or hot water. When I arrived the heating and hot water were set to be on but there was nothing happening. After sliding the bottom tray off I could see an orange glow coming from the control box so I knew that the boiler was receiving power. The overheat reset button had not popped out on the front of the control box.

I asked the customer if the boiler had been behaving itself over the last week,and they said that it had been getting noisier. They described the noise as a loud whining. I opened the case and checked for power to the fan, which there was but it was not spinning. I replaced the fan and the boiler was working quietly and correctly again.


Disclaimer:
The works described in this blog are a record of work undertaken and should not be taken as guaranteed to solve your problem.

Work should only be carried out by persons qualified and competent to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment