Saturday 16 June 2012

Protherm 40-50 Ci Heating Not Working

A customer rang me complaining that her central heating was not working and that only the pipes to the radiators were getting warm.

I looked at the system and set the central heating to be on and turned the room thermostat up. Looking in the airing cupboard I could hear no noise coming from the pump. I checked the electrics to see where there was power, and there was power to the white, grey and the orange of the motorised valve. Therefore the boiler and pump should have been running. I removed the electrical cover from the pump and tested to make sure there was 240v at the pump, which there was.

After replacing the pump everything was working well again.


Disclaimer:
The works described in this blog are a record of work undertaken and should not be taken as guaranteed to solve your problem.

Work should only be carried out by persons qualified and competent to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment