Thursday 19 April 2012

Glow-Worm Spacesaver Not Working

A lady asked me to look at her Glow-worm Spacesaver as her heating and hot water were not working. I first notice the pilot light is still lit, but it has been turned off at the fused spur. The lady joins me at the boiler.

Lady: Do you think it has something to do with the electrics?
Me: Why?
Lady: I was using my washing machine, then the power went off and the heating hasn't worked since.

I look at the consumer unit and see that one of the main isolators has tripped. Resetting the isolator, the boiler starts working. There are no obvious leaks at the boiler or airing cupboard which would cause the electric to trip.

Lady: Do you think that's what the problem was?
Me: The heating won't work without power.
Lady: I don't know why that happened.
Me: Neither do I, maybe you should get an electrician to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment