Friday 16 November 2012

Baxi WM No Heating

I was left a message on my answerphone because a customer of mine had no central heating and asked me to attend the next day. He had told me that he could see that the pilot light was lit on his Baxi WM boiler and that the thermostat was turned up. He though it may be the pump as he had a pump seize before.

I attended in the morning, but unfortunately for myself the central heating had come on with the timer and had been working as it should be. The timer had switched off before I arrived and so I switched the heating on and the thermostat up. Everything was working with no obvious issues. I put the hot water on and tested the motorised valve to ensure that it was switching between heating and hot water as it should be. There appeared to be nothing wrong with the system.

The customer asked me to look at something unrelated which I did, and then went back to do a final test before leaving. On the final test I switched the heating on and the motorised valve began to move over but did not open fully enough to activate the micro-switch. I waited a few seconds longer but it still did not cause the boiler and pump to run. I put some pressure on the lever of the motorised valve and it moved further before activating the boiler an pump. I drained the system and replaced the motorised valve and everything has been working well since.

Disclaimer:
The works described in this blog are a record of work undertaken and should not be taken as guaranteed to solve your problem.

Work should only be carried out by persons qualified and competent to do so.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    We noticed such a issue with Baxi Systems.
    Maybe it is a fabric deffect.

    Yours Sincerely,

    George

    Central Heating Bexhill

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really nice post. that is very helpful for us.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hot Water Cylinders

    ReplyDelete