Wednesday 4 July 2012

Ideal W2000 No Hot Water

Was called by a customer as their hot water was not hot. They found it was cold, so put the programmer on for an extra hour only to hear a screaming noise coming from the airing cupboard after a short while. They turned it off and called me to have a look.

I put the hot water on and the boiler fired up straight away, so I went to have a look at the pump after turning the boiler thermostat off. The pump was running although it was a little noisy due to there not being enough water in the system. I suspected that the cold feed may be blocked and I ventured up into the loft to find that there was no water in the feed and expansion cistern, as the ball valve had been tied up for some time.

I isolated the water to the cistern and replaced the ball valve in case it had been tied up because of a dripping overflow. I then filled up the system, including bleeding the iring cupboard and radiators. I had to stop the pump a couple of times to allow all the air to filter out as the system had air-locked slightly. I ran the hot water for a few minutes to ensure it was circulating well before running the central heating to make sure there were no more air-locks.


Disclaimer:
The works described in this blog are a record of work undertaken and should not be taken as guaranteed to solve your problem.

Work should only be carried out by persons qualified and competent to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment